Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Simon Says ... Make Your Own Background

It is time for a new challenge at Simon Says Stamp, the challenge is to make your own background. I really love making my own backgrounds and I rarely use patterned paper.

I love Asian designs. For this card, I used Darkroom Stamps (geisha) and Waltzingmouse stamps (lanterns and bridge). I coloured the geisha with Distress Markers.

For the background, I misted some Luminarte Primary Elements diluted with water and gum arabic (binder) on a piece of heavy watercolour paper. Then, I used a Tim Holtz's stencil and I painted the rays with gold acrylic paint.

Since I wanted to create some texture and dimension, I took Golden bead gel, I aligned the stencil on the cardstock where I had painted the golden rays, I used a palette knife and I layered some bead gel.

I let the bead gel dry overnight.
Then, I applied the images with foam tape to give even more dimension to the card. All the images are heat embossed.

1 comment:

Heather said...

A stunning card, a fabulous background and perfect for the Oriental images!!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx