Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, June 18, 2009

3 challenges 1 card: FTTC20 /KSS challenge #14/ A passion for Papertrey challenge 8

Usually, I make a card for each challenge but this time I tried to combine three challenges in one card.

Kitchen Sink Stamps - challenge 14 : reuse, recycle.
My recycled product is the packaging of one of my Kitchen Sink Stamps set

Flourishes - challenge FTTC20: get inspired from Kim Poloson's posters.
I got inspiration from THIS poster (Fresh Picked Bouquets).

A Passion for Papertrey - Challenge 8: There must be at least two flowers on the card, use at least one PTI product.
I stamped two Kitchen Sink Stamps flowers, I used a PTI ribbon (leaf) and berry sorbet cardstock (PTI) distressed with frayed burlap and worn lipstic (Distress Ink).

I challenged myself by choosing a poster with a black background, I rarely use black cardstock and I can tell you that it was a huge challenge for me. I am still not convinced about the result.

Stamps: 3-step Hydrangea, Multi-step Lilies
Inks: Palette, Memento, Distress Inks
Ribbon: Leaf (papertrey)
Accessories: Fiskar corner punch (lace), cuttlebug, stickles (black), butterfly punch (xcut).



I will be back soon with more "Italian Inspirations"!
Ciao,
Emilia

















7 comments:

Kitchen Sink Stamps said...

Ciao Emilia!!!!! Fabulous to recycle the packaging!!! :D
WOW! 3 challenges in 1 ... that is a challenge all on its own! You sure did capture the feel of Kim Poloson's posters with your playful and carefree card... even with the black. ;) Striking card, well done! :D

Tracey said...

beautiful card! i love how u used your packaging on the card!
~tracey

Silke said...

Emila - your take on the Flourishes Challenge poster is awesome!!! This is one wonderful inspired card!!! Thanks for playing with us. Cioa ~S~

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card Emilia, thanks for including it in our challenge :) Email me your address to our PTI contact & I'll send some Lemon Tart ribbon to you *hugs* Stephanie x

Carita said...

Hi!
Just saw one of your posts on SCS and had to come visit your blog. Love your cards! Hope you have liked living in Finland so far :)

Makiko Jones said...

Emilia, What a wonderful way to recycle the packaging!!
You made such a beautiful card with combining 3 challenges!! Wow!!

Kate Lewis said...

Great job on getting 3 challenges done on one card Emilia! I really like the black too! Thanks for joiing the challenge, Kate x