Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 13, 2009

DIY TOPIARIES


Last week I received 3 stamps sets from Flourishes and I cannot stop colouring!!!! Lately, I am addicted to bookmarks. I always loved bookmarks, I collected for years, now I make my own. I think they are a perfect gift as well.
All my bookmarks are cold laminated. I buy some laminating pockets and I do not need a laminating machine. So easy!
For the clouds, I used a cloud die cut and I distressed the background with Ranger Distress Inks.
Recently, my local craft shop started carrying all the Distress Inks colours and, apart for 3 or 4 colours, I have all of them. I think they are so versatile and I seem to use them a lot. Before I used a sponge, then I bought an Ink blending tool (Ranger) and I love it, it blends beautifully!

Stamps: DIY TOPIARIES (Flourishes) - On the back of the bookmark: Retro Backgrounds (Papertrey), the hand-stamped stamp is from Kitchen Sink Stamps.

Inks: Memento (tsukineko), Broken China, Frayed Burlap (Distress Inks)

Accessories: Blending tool (Ranger), eyelets, ribbon, laminating pockets, Fiskar 3 in 1 corner punch (lace), corner rounder punch, Copic markers.
Click HERE to see my hand-stamped Copic box.


Another bookmark, this time I used two other topiaries from the same set.


Stamps: DIY Topiaries (Flourishes) - On the back: Damask Designs (Papertrey), the hand-stamped stamp is from Kitchen Sink Stamps.
Inks: Memento (tsukineko), Broken China, Frayed Burlap (Distress Inks)

Accessories: Blending tool (Ranger), eyelets, ribbon, laminating pockets, Fiskar 3 in 1 corner punch (lace), corner rounder punch, Copic markers, Fiskar decorative scissors.



I will be back soon with more bookmarks that I made with Kitchen Sink Stamps.
It's been cloudy and rainy and I haven't been able to take good pictures.

If I have inspired, leave me a message. I'd love to hear your opinions!

Ciao,
Emilia




3 comments:

Betty Wright aka gbedwright said...

Emilia, these are fabulous!!!! I love the wonderful coloring and sky background detailing. Wonderful bookmarks front and back!!!

Etha said...

oh wow your bookmarks are AMAZING!! thanks for showing :)

Julie Koerber said...

BEAUTIFUL book marks! You are right -- these images are perfect for that! Your coloring is just gorgeous!