Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 22, 2010

Waltzingmouse blog hop

This is my first blog hop ever! I have two cards for the waltzingmouse stamps blog hop
In both cards I created my own patterned paper with Waltzingmouse stamps.
Stamps: Off beat backgrounds, vintage circles, the butterfly is from Hero Arts (Antique Engravings) and it's been coloured with Copic markers.
Inks: Desert Sand, Bamboo leaves, pear tart, Tuxedo Black (Memento), scattered straw and tea dye (Distress Inks)
Accessories: bazzill cardstock, nestabilities, blending tool, summer sunrise ribbon (PTI), lace corner punch (Fiskars)

In this card I used one of the two circle stamps released this month by Waltzingmouse stamps. The main circle and the decorative corner stamps are very elegant and I paired them with some elegant roses (from Flourishes).

Stamps: Faux Fun circles (Waltzingmouse stamps), the roses are from the "calendar set" (Flourishes)

Inks: lemon tart (the stamp was previously inked with berry sorbet ink and stamped off), both inks are from Papertrey (Palette inks). Rose bud, pear tart and tuxedo black (Memento). The corners were stamped with Raw Sienna (Palette) and I outlined it with a gold spica pen (the glittery effect doesn't show in the picture).

Accessories: butterfly punch, peel-off stickers (borders), inverted scallop nestabilities, summer sunrise ribbon (Papertrey).


Now, continue the blog hop to ANTJE's blog.



38 comments:

Edna said...

Just wonderful stamping, I love how you built the backgrounds and then the featured centre pieces, tfs

Angela Mclean said...

Very beautiful!
Hugs,
Angela xxx.

Claire Brennan said...

Emilia, these are very, very pretty, the antique feel is so sweet, and your colouring is fabulous!!! I love the background pattern on the butterfly card especially!! Thanks for hopping with WMS!

Antje said...

I like special your butterfly - really says spring, but I am a bit sad, that you do not connect the bloghop further ... you should have made a link to my blog :-(

Helen said...

Both cards are fantastic - I love the colours and the way you created your own backgrounds - so pretty.

carole said...

I love the colors.... very soft.... fabulous cards.

Carole

Carly said...

Stunning and stunning! Both are just equally as beautiful but that butterfly one is over the top fabulous!!

Pauline said...

Love them, oh so gorgeous! xx

kyanos said...

bellissimi!!!adoro i colori che hai usato e come hai colorato i timbri fenomenale...WOOOOOW!!!

Antje said...

Thanks for connecting to my blog now, ... and have fun with the rest of the bloghop, ... I know in the beginning there are lots of things to remember, keep going, we all had the same problems in the beginning.

Babies- Beth said...

They are both gorgeous, but the first just pulls me in, lol!!

loryg said...

Ti scrivo in italiano perchè non so se riuscirei a farti i complimenti in inglese. Bellissime entrambe le card . I colori che hai usato sono delicatissimi e si sposano benissimo . Ciao Lory

Lynn said...

Beautiful work, Emilia!! I love the gentle colors used with your gorgeous butterfly!! And the roses are divine!!

Outstanding work on your first Blog Hop!! Enjoy the day!!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous! I love both card! Great job stamping those backgrounds!

Kelly S. said...

I MUST use more "peachy" colors in my life after seeing your gorgeous butterfly card! Love the elegance of the other, also...fab card duo!

Julia Aston said...

So pretty Emilia - love the bg's you've created and the lovely soft colors on these!

MicheyMoo said...

Two lovely cards Emilia. xxx

shelly said...

very pretty card!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous, Emilia. Your butterfly is absolutely wonderful!

Marcie S. said...

Great job on your first blog hop! Very pretty spring cards!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the soft overall feminine feel.

Karolyn Loncon said...

So pretty - love how you used the WMS to create your own backgrounds. Your colors are stunning!

anya said...

Oh wow, these are beautiful! I love the vintage feel to both of them. Thanks for hopping with us!

Lee said...

Your cards are so beautiful. The colours are soft and soothing. Lovely job!

Tiff said...

Both of your cards are Beautiful!

Mary Duffek said...

Your cards are amazing! So pretty!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Your creations are wonderful!! Love the vintage feel!!

Laurie Marmon said...

The butterfly card is one of my favorites of the hop. The colors chosen are just perfect! Thanks for sharing your great projects.

Lynne Phelps said...

I love making my own patterned paper also - it can be very soothing, not to mention addictive!! Your cards are wonderful.

Julie Masse said...

Very pretty Emelia! I especially love the first one with the butterfly - such lovely colors! :)

Tisha Ann Harms (aka Squish) said...

Great cards -- your butterfly is simpe gorgeous -- thanx for the inspiration!

whoistracy said...

Wow Emilia, these are amazing! What depth these cards have. Such works of art!

Belinda said...

Lovely! The coloring is great and the bg stamping on the butterfly card is just fab!

Peggy said...

Very pretty! You rocked this one with your stamped backgrounds!

Sharron said...

Both cards are so lovely! Great backgrounds and I love your butterfly!

Heidi said...

Oh my Emilia! These cards are sensational! Your coloring is wonderful.

Rose said...

Very Pretty...love the soft background on the first card !

Jennifer Carter said...

Both cards are great but I LOVE your first card! SOOOO pretty!