Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, August 11, 2013

My art journal: pears coloured with Inktense pencils


This is a watercoloured art journal page I made with Flourishes stamps and Inktense pencils.
I am really happy with the result. First, I coloured the images with the pencils only, I didn't add water with a waterbrush, so the colours are very intense. It is important to have a very light hand when colouring with inktense pencils, as soon as you add water the colours become very intense. Then, when I added all the shades with my dry pencils, I started adding water with a waterbrush, I started from the lighter areas.





The text is hand-written, I tried to use some techniques I learned in the LetterLab class with Lori Vliegen.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Now this is what I call an art journal! Beautifully created and colored.
Sandy